This slice is super easy to make and full of fibre, healthy fats and foods for hormones! A great refined sugar free, gluten free alternative.
150g Butter or coconut oil
½ cup rapadura or coconut sugar
1 cup whole grain oats
½ cup rice flour
½ cup brown rice flour or buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup chopped almonds
½ cup coconut
1/4 cup Rice syrup or maple syrup or honey
2 tbsp butter or coconut oil 1 tbsp milk or nut milk
3 tbsp ginger powder
½ cup chopped crystallized ginger
¼ cup coconut
1.5 cup icing sugar or ground coconut sugar mixed with ⅛ cup tapioca flour
- Heat oven to 170 degrees celsius
- Line a 20x25 baking tin with baking paper
- Place the brown rice flour, sugar, rice flour, coconut, oats, baking powder and chopped almonds into a bowl.
- 2. Add in the melted butter or coconut oil, rice syrup and mix well
- 3. Line a 20x20 baking tin and press the mixture into the tin.
- 4. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- 5. Melt the second lot of butter. Add in the icing sugar, ginger and add 2 tbsp milk and mix well.
- Sprinkle over the crystalised ginger and coconut and place slice in fridge to set