This delicious caramel cake is super easy to make. It is moist, sweet and one you will use to make for many occasions.
½ cup ground almonds
½ cup rapadura sugar
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp date syrup or maple syrup
100g melted butter or coconut oil
2 eggs or 1 cup applesauce for vegan option 1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp apple cider or white vinegar
1/2 cup greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
1 cup ricotta or mascarpone or coconut yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup maple syrup or date syrup
- Turn the oven onto 180 degrees on bake and line a 20x20 circle baking tin with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and soda into a bowl. Add in the sugar and ground almonds.
- Place the melted butter or coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, vinegar and yoghurt into a bowl and whisk until combined. Add in the date syrup
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Place the cake mixture into the lined tin and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked in the middle and golden on top. You can check with a skewer to see if it comes out clean.
- Add the mascarpone or ricotta or whatever you choose to use into a bowl and whisk in the date syrup and vanilla until combined.
- Once the cake is cool you can spread the icing over the top.
You can also grate dark chocolate on top.