This delicious slice has protein powder in it but you can easily sub it out and add in some almond meal, almond butter or I love using my glowing skin health blend mix in my raw baking! It is also high in Vitamin C and omega fatty acids!
This slice is refined sugar free and full of healthy fats! A great mid avo snack to keep you going that still tastes amazing!
Raw Caramel Protein Slice Recipe
½ cup buckwheat groats
½ cup cashews
1 cup coconut flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup dates
¼ cup melted coconut oil
2 tbsp water if needed
2 tbsp cashew butter or almond butter
½ cup dates
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup vanilla protein powder (I use Nuzest) or extra almond butter or almond meal or you can use our glowing skin vanilla health blend
½ cup coconut cream
150g Dark chocolate - I use Solomons Gold Coconut sap refined sugar free chocolate but any dark chocolate will work such as whittlers, Lindt etc
¼ cup coconut cream
¼ cup puffed buckwheat or any nuts
1.Soak both lots of dates in 2 bowls of hot water for 5 minutes then drain
- Place the base ingredients into your food processor and add one bowl of drained dates and process until it resembles a fine crumb.
- Press the mixture into a lined 20x20 baking tin and place in freezer.
- Drain the dates for the caramel. Add them to the food processor along with the coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla, salt, coconut cream and protein powder
- Blitz until combined. Pour over the base mix and again return to freezer.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over top of a pot of hot water. Add in the coconut cream and mix. If it is too thick add slightly more coconut cream until it is smooth and glossy in texture.
- Pour over the top of the caramel layer.
- Sprinkle the buckwheat puffs over the top of the chocolate and return to the freezer again.
- You will need to leave this in the freezer for a few hours to set.